Information We Collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, Southwest Adventures, address, email address, and telephone number.
How We Use Your Information
SWAT uses the information we collect in various ways, which includes:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, such as for customer service, providing you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
- Log Files
SWAT follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All web-hosting companies perform this for analyzing website visitation statistics. The information is collected by log files, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring pages, exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website for the goal of enhancing our website’s user experience, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, SWAT uses “cookies”. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that SWAT has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites (e.g., Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.).
For California users that fall under CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), also known as the Do Not Sell My Personal Information act, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR (EU Users Only)
Following the General Data Protection Regulation for European Union (EU) users, we would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
SWAT does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Payment and Cancellation Policy, including Terms & Conditions:
Payment is due at the time of reservation.
* Minimum 25% deposit is due at time of reservation.
* Payment in full is due 30 days prior to departure.
Please notify us in writing if you need to cancel or reschedule:
* All cancellations are subject to a non-refundable 10% cancellation fee of the full price of the tour.
* All tours that are rescheduled within 30 days of the tour are subject to a non-refundable 10% cancellation fee of the full price of the tour.
*Any changes to a tour within 30 days of the tour will be charged a $100.00 fee and any increase in the cost will be charged to the customer.
* No refunds for cancellations within 30 days of departure for all multi-day tours. Instead we offer a tour credit of the remaining monies to apply to a future tour or trip for 2 years from the day of the cancellation.
* No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of departure for all day tours and activities. Instead we offer a tour credit of the remaining monies to apply to a future tour or trip for 2 years from the day of the cancellation.