Leave the glitz and glamor of Las Vegas behind and explore some of the best places in Arizona including the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona, Winslow, Prescott, Kingman, and Oatman. Enjoy stunning vistas, and enchanting sunsets, see Native American and Ancestral Puebloan Ruins, historic mining districts and ruins, Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona’s original state capitol, and get a little bit of kicks on historic Route 66. See all of these magnificent places in eight days and seven nights.
Our Arizona Adventure tour is purposely designed to be 8 days in length for our guests to enjoy Arizona’s sights by buffering a full travel day on each end of the tour (6 tour days, 2 travel days), since most people plan for one-week vacations. Our tours consist of small groups of no more than 14 guests and a private guide. It is also customizable. We can modify it to spend more time in specific places and enjoy different activities. Contact us for further details.
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Wupatki & Sunset Crater National Monuments
- Petrified Forest National Park
- The Painted Desert
- Pink Jeep tour and Sunset Dinner
- Historic mining districts, including the towns of Jerome and Oatman
- Tuzigoot National Monument
- Route 66: Historical sites and towns
- Services of a Southwest Adventure Tours tour director – a professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
- 7 nights hotel accommodations
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches
- Pink Jeep Broken Arrow Trail Tour with Sunset Dinner
- Kayaking on Granite Dells Reservoir
- Park entrance fees
- Gratuities for included meals and activities
- Applicable taxes and fees
- Day 1: Arrive in Las Vegas
- Day 2: Route 66 Museum, Williams, Grand Canyon
- Day 3: More Grand Canyon, Wupatki and Sunset Crater National Monuments
- Day 4: Petrified Forest, Flagstaff, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona
- Day 5: Sedona, Pink Jeep tour
- Day 6: Tuzigoot, Jerome, Prescott
- Day 7: Kayak on Granite Dells, Route 66, Oatman, Mojave Desert, Las Vegas
- Day 8: Departures from Las Vegas
Arrive at the Las Vegas Airport anytime today and then transfer by hotel shuttle on your own to a pre-night hotel. Evening free on your own.
Hampton Inn, Airport, Las Vegas, NV
Depart Las Vegas early this morning and start your travels with your first stop in Kingman, Az for a brief experience with the Route 66 Museum in the Old Kingman Powerhouse and a drive down Andy Devine Blvd. Afterwards, we’ll hop on I-40 and drive to Williams where you’ll enjoy lunch at one of the local eateries and a chance to explore this historic railroad town that is full of Route 66 memorabilia. After lunch, you’ll head north to Grand Canyon National Park. This park will offer you the opportunity to look down or hike down into the Grand Canyon and experience the majesty and grandeur of what is known as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Hikes on the South Kaibab Trail are available to Ooh Aah Point, Cedar Rest, or for the hearty soul, Skeleton Point. You also have the option of taking the shuttle bus along the rim on Hermit Rest Road and stop at overlooks like Hopi Point and others. You can also take a scenic walk along the rim of the canyon between Mather Point and the Geology Museum or walk the trail of time between the geology museum and the historic architecture of El Tovar Hotel.
Yavapai Lodge, Grand Canyon, AZ | Meals: B, L
This morning, we’ll depart Grand Canyon Village and continue sightseeing through Grand Canyon National Park as you travel along the rim toward the east entrance of the park. Along the way, you will stop at Grandview Point, the site of the first hotel on the rim of the canyon, and Desert Watchtower. After Desert Watchtower, stop for lunch at historic Cameron Trading Post for an authentic Navajo lunch (why not try a Navajo Taco?) and the opportunity to see some of their workmanship and craftsmanship. After lunch, travel south to Wupatki National Monument for a chance to explore these fantastic Ancestral Pueblo dwellings perched on the edge of the San Francisco Volcanic Field. Next, drive through Sunset Crater National Monument for the opportunity to look at a volcano that erupted less than 1,000 years ago. Afterward, you will skirt Flagstaff on your way to historic Winslow. Once in Winslow, you will check into the La Posada Hotel, a glamorously restored Harvey House designed by renowned architect Mary Colter, who also designed El Tovar Hotel and the Desert Watchtower you saw earlier. This is one of the few Fred Harvey Houses still operating, a relic from the glory days of travel by rail or driving Route 66. Enjoy your evening in this historic town and don’t forget to stand on one of its corners!
La Posada, Winslow, AZ | Meals: B, L
This morning, enjoy touring Petrified Forest National Park. Start with the beautiful scenery and cascading colors found in the Painted Desert area. You will also visit one of the old remnants of historic Route 66 as it passed through this area. After the Painted Desert, you will get to explore the remains of ancient petrified forests that have been lying dormant for hundreds of millions of years here. There are multiple rock formations and hikes to explore and visit, along with more views and vistas of the Painted Desert. You will learn about these unique and rare geological specimens and their unique history. After lunch in Holbrook, travel back past Flagstaff and into Oak Creek Canyon for a scenic drive down into Sedona. When you arrive, you will have the evening free to explore the Old Town area or the Tlaquepaque Arts Village, or more hiking on the many trails that are found in this area.
Sky Rock Inn, Sedona, AZ | Meals: B, L
This morning, you can arise and enjoy a hike in the Sedona area with the sun. Your choices are between Devil's Bridge, a fantastic 166-foot natural bridge tucked up in a canyon behind the town, or you can explore Oak Creek Canyon, Bell Rock, or one of the many other formations in this area. Once finished, you will enjoy the rest of the morning free to explore. Around 3 pm, our tour group will congregate back together for one of the treats of the tour, a Pink Jeep Tour of the Broken Arrow Trail. This is their exclusive trail and offers the best seat in the house for exploring the amazing red-rock formations of Sedona!
Sky Rock Inn, Sedona, AZ | Meals: B
This morning, depart Sedona and travel west to Cottonwood. This historic town is the home of a fantastic Pueblo ruin at Tuzigoot National Monument. Explore the museum and the pueblo to learn more about the people that inhabited this structure before traveling up the mountain to Jerome. The historic mining town of Jerome is home to some fantastic history of miners, mine owners, and outlaws who made this one of the wickedest and richest towns in the western U.S. Reduced to a ghost town, this town has been experiencing a resurgence of growth with artists and some great restaurants. You will enjoy a few hours learning about this history and other fascinating things that occurred in this western boomtown. After a delicious lunch, you will travel the winding road over historic Mingus Mountain and then into Prescott where you will get to explore the first state capital of Arizona when it was a Territory. A visit to the historic governor's mansion and others will finish the day.
Springhill Suites, Prescott, AZ | Meals: B, L
Today you can explore, hike, or kayak on the Granite Dells of Prescott. These formations have a beautiful reservoir nestled within their peaks. You will spend a few hours visiting this area before returning to your hotel to refresh and check out before departing for Seligman. Some say this was one of the towns that was used as an example for producing the Disney movie Cars. After a walk down this historic main street, continue west past Kingman, then up over a rugged mountain on an original Route 66 alignment to Oatman. This historic mining town still boasts some of the buildings built at the time it started back in the 1880’s. In the middle of town, you will see wild burros roaming around that were turned loose by the miners. Once finished with this bit of history, you will travel back across part of the Joshua Tree-studded Mojave Desert to Las Vegas.
Hampton Inn Airport, Las Vegas, NV | Meals: B, L
Transfer by hotel shuttle on your own to the Las Vegas Airport for your departure flight home.
- Items of a personal nature (alcohol, room service, etc.)
- Meals (other than listed in the itinerary)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour director
Arrival / Departure Information
- Arrival Location: McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Arrival Time: Any time on day 1
- Departure Location: McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Departure Time: Any time on day 8
- Clients should be comfortable walking on uneven terrain for an average of 1 to 3 miles at a time.
- Elevation gain and loss averages between 50 to 300 ft over the course of the areas visited during this tour.
- Touring and overnight locations are above 6,000 to 8,000 ft above sea level
- Deboard and board van each time at a viewpoint – a portable step will be available
- Please let us know if you have any other physical/health limitations or requirements
Southwest Adventure Tours is an authorized permittee of the following parks:
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Petrified Forest National Park
- $3,499.00 Per Person Double Occupancy
- $3,899.00 Per Person Single Occupancy
- $3,299.00 Per Person Triple Occupancy
- $3,199.00 Per Person Quad Occupancy
A minimum of 6 passengers is necessary to operate this tour.
PLEASE NOTE: The above prices are commissionable to travel professionals.
2024 Departure Dates:
|March 31||April 21|
|May 12||June 16|
|Sept 8||Sept 22|
|Oct 6||Oct 20|