Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island 1-Day Tour
Join us for a day of adventure, education, and exploration of the unique and timeless landscape of the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island State Park. Experience spectacular views of the Great Salt Lake, step back in time with a visit to the historic Fielding Garr Ranch, enjoy viewing opportunities of free-ranging bison, mule deer, bighorn sheep, pronghorns, and millions of birds who congregate along the shores of the Great Salt Lake.
The Great Salt Lake is an essential part of the ecological life of the Western United States and has a key role in the Utah economy. This critical resource is endangered with the changing climate and years of drought that has beleaguered this part of the country. On this tour, you’ll see firsthand how Mother Nature is coping with its changing surroundings.
With an experienced guide to help bring the story of the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island to life, you’ll have plenty of time to experience the largest island in the Great Salt Lake, as you hike and explore this unique and timeless landscape. Each season of the year offers a different experience. More importantly you will learn more about the issues and struggles that are affecting the lake and the work that is being done to conserve this priceless resource.
When you purchase this tour, $5 per person will be donated by Southwest Adventure Tours to the preservation of the Great Salt Lake.
Join us for this 5 ½ hour Great Salt Lake Tour. Your Adventure Awaits.
The tour includes pickup and drop-off in downtown Salt Lake City, and is limited to 14 people for a more personal experience. This is a family-friendly tour with free hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Professional Local Tour Guide
- Comfortable Transportation
- Bottled Water
- Applicable Taxes and Fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Meet your driver at your hotel in Salt Lake City for your departure to Antelope Island State Park, traveling in a spacious tour van. You'll visit different points on the island, watching for the 500 buffalo, antelope, deer, coyotes, migrating birds, and other wildlife that live there.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM Hotel pick-ups
- 8:00 AM Depart downtown Salt Lake City
- 9:00 AM Arrive at Great Salt Lake/Antelope Island State Park Visitors Center and explore
- 9 -10:30 AM Beach at Bridger Bay - Buffalo Point Hike (1-mile round trip)
- 10:30 AM-12:30 AM Fielding Garr Ranch for wildlife watching and learning about the historic ranch
- 12:30 AM Return to Salt Lake City for drop off
- 1:30 PM Hotel drop-offs
- $145 per person Adults (16 years old +)
- $120 per person Child (1-15 years old)