Yellowstone & Grand Teton Winter Adventure
Experience Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks as a winter wonderland, the way many people don’t normally see it! With unique wildlife viewing opportunities, geysers and other thermal features shrouded in mist and fog, all amid snow and ice, along with majestic snowcapped mountains, lakes, rivers, and streams laid out as far as the eye can see.
Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge where thousands of elk winter. Choose between a snowmobile or snowcoach tour through Yellowstone National Park including stops at Old Faithful and West Thumb Geyser Basin. While in Salt Lake City, enjoy a visit to the 2002 Olympic Village and a morning performance by the World-Famous Tabernacle Choir.
- Guided tour of Salt Lake City, Utah
- Performance of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Utah Olympic Park
- Explore Jackson, Wyoming
- Elk Refuge horse drawn sleigh ride
- Grand Teton National Park
- Yellowstone National Park via snow coach or snowmobile
- Sightseeing through Starr Valley
- Services of a Southwest Adventure Tours tour director – a professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
- 5 nights hotel accommodations in 3 to 3.5 star hotels
- 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- Guided snowcoach tour of Yellowstone National Park
- Horse drawn sleigh ride on the National Elk Refuge
- Airport transfers
- Any fees paid for included excursions
- Park entrance fees
- Gratuities for included meals and activities
- Applicable taxes and fees
- Day 1: Arrive in Salt Lake City
- Day 2: Tabernacle Choir – West Yellowstone, MT
- Day 3: Yellowstone by Snowcoach
- Day 4: Elk Refuge – Grand Teton – Jackson
- Day 5: Utah Olympic Park – Salt Lake City
- Day 6: Journey Home
Arrive in Salt Lake City today as your winter adventure begins. Please arrive at the Salt Lake Airport before 1:00pm. Upon arrival, meet your local guide and transfer to your downtown hotel. This afternoon, take a tour of Salt Lake City with all the highlights including the Utah State Capital and Temple Square. Tonight, join the group for a welcome dinner.
Sheraton, Salt Lake City, Utah | Meals: D
Start the day with a wonderful experience as you transfer to Temple Square for a chance to hear the world-famous Tabernacle Choir's weekly performance (choir’s schedule permitting). Then depart Salt Lake City and travel north entering Idaho with a stop for lunch on own along the way. In the afternoon, enjoy the wonderful winter scenery as you travel through the Island Park area on your way to the fun own of West Yellowstone for a two-night stay. Dinner is included at a local restaurant, then the evening is free to explore on your own.
Elk Country Inn, Jackson, Wyoming | Meals: B, D
This is your day to discover Yellowstone National Park, America's oldest and most famous national park, via snowcoach. The heated snowcoaches provide a clear view, moving easily across the snow while listening to the insights of an experienced Yellowstone guide. If you choose to travel by snowmobile, you will be outfitted with all the necessary gear, given riding instructions and a professional guide that will lead you on a day of adventure. Visit some of the landmarks for which Yellowstone is famous for including Moos Falls, Lewis Canyon, Lewis Falls, West Thumb Geyser Basin and the world's most famous geyser, Old Faithful. There will be plenty of time to witness Old Faithful's dramatic display, enjoy an included lunch and explore the area. In the afternoon, enjoy a return trip to West Yellowstone with additional picture stops along the way. Arrive in West Yellowstone with the evening free on your own.
* A snowmobile tour to Old Faithful option is available for an additional fee. If you choose to travel by snowmobile, you will be outfitted with all the necessary gear, given riding instructions and a professional guide will lead you on a day of adventure.
Kelly Inn, West Yellowstone, MT | Meals: B
Enjoy a beautiful winter day with incredible views of the rugged Teton Mountains as you travel from West Yellowstone to the fun western town of Jackson. Enjoy some free time for lunch on own. Just a couple miles north of Jackson is the National Elk Refuge, winter home for thousands of these majestic animals. Get a close-up view as you take a horse drawn sleigh ride right into the massive heard on the Elk Refuge. Your sleigh driver and guide will explain how the settling the Jackson Valley affected the elk herd winter migration and why the refuge now plays an important role in their survival. Then enter Grand Teton National Park and visit some of the most famous stops for wonderful views and photo ops. We arrive in Jackson with the rest of the afternoon and evening free to explore the many restaurants, shops and art galleries on your own.
Elk Country Inn, Jackson, Wyoming | Meals: B
Depart Jackson this morning and travel through western Wyoming surrounded by silver streams, soaring peaks, and lush meadows. Drive through the rugged Snake River Canyon, stopping in Star Valley. Arrive in Evanston for lunch on your own. Next arrive at Utah Olympic Park. Enjoy a guided tour of this amazing facility that hosted events for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games and continues to host World Cup events. Many of the guides are winter Olympians in training. You will see the Utah Ski and Olympic Museum, three Nordic Jumps along with the Bobsled and Luge Track, which has some of the fastest ice on earth. In the late afternoon, return to Salt Lake City for one final night. This evening, join the group for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Sheraton Downtown, Salt Lake City, Utah | Meals: B, D
You will be transferred to the Salt Lake Airport for your departure. As you travel home, take the wonderful new memories and friendships from your fabulous winter vacation with you!
- Items of a personal nature (alcohol, room service, etc.)
- Meals (other than listed in the itinerary)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour director
Arrival / Departure Info:
- Arrival Location: Salt Lake City Airport (SLC)
- Arrival Time: Any time on day 1 before 1 pm Mountain Time
- Departure Location: Salt Lake City Airport (SLC)
- Departure Time: Any time on day 6
- Guests must be in good physical health
- Need to be able to climb stairs and walk reasonable distances, including uneven ground and unpaved trails, as well as on snow and ice
- This is a winter tour, please come prepared for cold weather
- Touring and overnight locations are above 6,000 to 8,000 feet above sea level
- Deboard and board van each time at a viewpoint
- Please let us know if you have any other physical/health limitations or requirements
- $2,199.00 Per Person Double Occupancy
- $2,599.00 Per Person Single Occupancy
- $2,049.00 Per Person Triple Occupancy
- $1,999.00 Per person Quad Occupancy
2022 Departure Dates:
|January 22||January 29|
|February 5||February 12|
|February 19||February 26|
2023 Departure Dates:
|January 14||January 21|
|January 28||February 4|
|February 11||February 18|
|February 25||March 4|
Southwest Adventure Tours is an authorized permittee of the following parks:
- Grand Teton National Park
- Yellowstone National Park