New Mexico which is known as the “Land of Enchantment” is full of wonder both old and new. A trip to New Mexico will enliven your senses as you travel through high deserts surrounded by panoramic views of foothills in the distance with a full pallet of colors for your viewing pleasure. New Mexico is well known for some of the oldest civilizations in the United States as well as some old civilizations that have found new life through the Art and Culture communities.
- Explore the ancestral pueblo ruins of Chaco Canyon and Aztec Ruins
- Peruse the Southwest inspired local art in Sante Fe and Madrid
- Traverse into the famous Carlsbad Caverns
- Step back in time on an authentic 1800’s steam locomotive as it winds along the New Mexico and Colorado borders.
- Relax and enjoy a night sky so full of stars that you’ll have a hard time singling out the big dipper!
- Take in the magnificent sunsets to end your day of sightseeing
In the Fall, Albuquerque is home to the International Balloon Fiesta featuring balloons of all shapes, sizes and colors. They fill the sky with vibrant colors that enhance the already spectacular scenery of the Rio Grande Valley. If you are an early riser you will be delighted by the mass ascension of the colorful balloons glowing as they effortlessly drift upwards just as the sun is peeking over the horizon.
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
Trail of the Ancients
The Grand Circle Experience