Glacier National Park
See the grandeur of Glacier National Park – “The Crown of the Continent”. Beginning and ending in Missoula, this tour visits sites such as the National Bison Range, Flathead Lake, as well as spending five magical days in Glacier National Park.
A tour through this region of the Rocky Mountains is a genuine treat to anyone with a sense of adventure and a love for the wild. The scenery you will see was carved long ago by glaciation and massive floods from glacial lake outbursts. When you take an intimate small group tour with us through this ultra-scenic area, you’ll learn firsthand why it’s referred to as “Big Sky Country”.
- National Bison Range
- Rafting on the Flathead River
- Glacier National Park
- Scenic boat cruise on Saint Mary Lake
- Two Medicine Lake
- Running Eagle Falls and Appistaki Falls
- Going to the Sun Road tour using classic “Red Jammer” buses
- Whitefish, MT
- Lake McDonald
- Services of a Southwest Adventure Tours tour director – a professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation in a Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van
- 6 nights hotel accommodations at 3-star hotels
- 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airport transfers (hotel shuttle)
- Park entrance fees
- Rafting trip on the Flathead River
- Boat cruise in Glacier National Park
- Tour through Glacier National Park over Going to the Sun Road
- Gratuities for included meals.
- Luggage handling (one suitcase per person)
- Applicable taxes and fees
- Day 1: Fly into Missoula, Montana
- Day 2: National Bison Range, Big Fork, Glacier National Park
- Day 3: Glacier National Park to East Glacier
- Day 4: Glacier National Park, Boat Tour, Going to the Sun Road
- Day 5: Glacier National Park to Whitefish
- Day 6: Glacier National Park, Rafting the Flathead River
- Day 7: Journey home from Missoula
Fly into Missoula, MT any time today. You will meet your Southwest Adventure Tours guide at the airport and transfer to your hotel. They will assist with hotel check-in and information on how to spend the rest of your evening in Missoula. The group will enjoy a welcome dinner together at 7:00 PM
BW Plus Grant Creek Inn, Missoula, MT | Meals: D
Travel north through “Big Sky Country” and start your day with a visit to the National Bison Range. Afterwards, enjoy a scenic drive along the shores of Flathead Lake on your way to the small lakeside town of Big Fork. Big Fork is home to wonderful art galleries and restaurants. You will have time to explore and have lunch on your own. In the afternoon, you will continue traveling through Glacier National Park, over to the east side of the park and explore Two Medicine Lake, Running Eagle Falls, Appistaki Falls, and other areas. End your day relaxing at your lodging.
Glacier Park Lodge (or similar), East Glacier Park, MT | Meals: B, D
Today, you will take in the grandeur of Glacier National Park "The Crown of the Continent,” as you begin with a scenic drive through the area passing by St Mary’s to Many Glacier. We will have the full day available to explore the Many Glacier section of the park. You can choose to spend your day hiking, horseback riding, kayaking or canoeing, or just relaxing on the shores of Swiftcurrent Lake or Lake Josephine. Once finished, you will return to your hotel for a free evening in East Glacier.
Glacier Park Lodge (or similar), East Glacier Park, MT | Meals: B, L
After checking out of the hotel, you will travel to St Mary’s. The morning will be spent exploring this area including a scenic cruise on St Mary’s and a short hike to a waterfall. After lunch, you will travel the world famous Going to the Sun Road from St Mary’s to Lake McDonald. Take a 52-mile drive that crests the Continental Divide at Logan Pass and is famous for its majestic snowcapped mountains, deep valleys and shimmering lakes. In the late afternoon, you will travel to your hotel in Whitefish and have the evening free to explore the downtown area of Whitefish.
BW Rocky Mountain Lodge, Whitefish, MT | Meals: B, L
Today will be a full day exploring the west side of Glacier National Park including the Goat Haut and Lake McDonald Areas. Hiking, the option of kayaking or canoeing on Lake McDonald, or relaxing at Apgar are all on the list today. Once finished, you will return to Whitefish for the evening.
BW Rocky Mountain Lodge, Whitefish, MT | Meals: B, L
Finish off your Glacier National Park experience by Rafting on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River. You have the choice of a smooth water float or whitewater rafting! This is a great trip for all ages and adventure levels. Enjoy lunch on your own in this quaint village. This afternoon you will return to Missoula, MT.
BW Plus Grant Creek Inn, Missoula, T | Meals: B, D
This morning, transfer to the Missoula Airport for your flights home.
- Any meals not listed
- Items of a personal nature (alcohol, room service, etc.)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour director, driver, local guides, and outfitters
Arrival / Departure Info:
- Arrival Location: Missoula Montana Airport (MSO)
- Arrival Time: Any time by 4:00 PM on day 1 of the tour
- Departure Location: Missoula Montana Airport (MSO)
- Departure Time: Anytime on day 7
- Guests should be comfortable walking on uneven terrain for an average of 1 to 3 miles at a time.
- Elevation gain and loss averages between 50 to 300 ft over the course of the areas visited during this tour.
- Touring and overnight locations are above 6,000 to 8,000 ft above sea level
- Deboard and board van each time at a viewpoint – a portable step will be available
- Please let us know if you have any other physical/health limitations or requirements
- $3,499.00 Per Person Double Occupancy
- $3,899.00 Per Person Single Occupancy
- $3,299.00 Per Person Triple Occupancy
- $3,199.00 Per Person Quad Occupancy
2024 Departure Dates:
|July 7||July 14|
|July 21||July 28|
|August 4||August 11|
|August 18||August 25|