Glacier National Park
See the grandeur of Glacier National Park – “The Crown of the Continent” – along with other sights in northern Idaho and Montana. Beginning and ending in Spokane, Washington, this tour visits other sites such as Coeur d’Alene, Flathead Lake, the “Silver Capital of the World” of Wallace ID, the National Bison Range, as well as spending two days at Glacier National Park.
A tour through this region of the Rocky Mountains is a genuine treat to anyone with a sense of adventure and a love for the wild. The scenery you will see was carved long ago by glaciation and massive floods from glacial lake outbursts. When you take an intimate small group tour with us through this ultra-scenic area, you’ll learn firsthand why it’s referred to as “Big Sky Country”.
- Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Sierra Silver Mine tour in Wallace, ID
- Smokejumpers Base, Missoula, MT
- National Bison Range
- Rafting on the Flathead River
- Glacier National Park
- Scenic boat cruise on Saint Mary Lake
- Two Medicine Lake
- Going to the Sun Road tour using classic “Red Jammer” buses
- Whitefish, MT
- Silver Mountain gondola ride
- Services of a Southwest Adventure Tours tour director – a professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
- 6 nights hotel accommodations at 3-star hotels
- 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airport transfers (hotel shuttle)
- Any fees paid for attractions and tours listed
- Park entrance fees
- Gratuities for included meals and activities
- Luggage handling (one suitcase per person)
- Applicable taxes and fees
- Day 1: Fly into Spokane, WA, arrive in Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Day 2: Wallace, ID to Missoula, MT
- Day 3: National Bison Range, Flathead Lake, Flathead River rafting
- Day 4: Glacier National Park
- Day 5: Glacier National Park
- Day 6: Glacier National Park to Coeur d’Alene
- Day 7: Journey home from Spokane
Fly into Spokane, WA by 4:00 PM today and transfer to your hotel by shuttle. Meet your Southwest Adventure Tours tour director who will assist with hotel check in and information on how to spend the rest of your free evening at the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort. There will be a welcome dinner at 7 PM this evening in the resort.
Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort, Worley, ID | Meals: D
This morning, depart Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort and travel east along the Coeur d’Alene River Valley to Wallace. The historic town of Wallace is famous for being the “Silver Capital of the World”, with 1.2 billion ounces of silver produced since 1884. Enjoy the Sierra Silver Mine tour, a unique experience as you travel into the underground world of mining inside one of the richest silver districts on earth. After an included lunch, continue eastward into Montana and arrive at the Smokejumpers Base Aerial Fire Depot near Missoula for touring with an actual Smokejumper. Later arrive at your hotel in Missoula. Dinner is included this evening.
Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn, Missoula, MT | Meals: B, L, D
Travel north through “Big Sky Country”. Start your day with a visit to the National Bison Range. Afterwards, enjoy a scenic drive along the shores of Flathead Lake on your way to the small lakeside town of Big Fork. Big Fork is home to wonderful art galleries and restaurants. Here, you’ll have time to explore and have lunch on your own. In the afternoon, start off your Glacier National Park adventure with rafting on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River. You have the choice of floating down smooth water or whitewater rafting! This is a great trip for all ages and adventure levels. After a fun experience, travel to West Glacier and explore the Apgar area of Glacier National Park. Once finished for the evening, travel to Whitefish, MT for the evening, where you’ll lodge for the next 3 nights.
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge, Whitefish, MT | Meals: B
This will be the day to take in the grandeur of Glacier National Park, known as the "The Crown of the Continent”, as you take a scenic drive through the area to Saint Mary. Enjoy a scenic cruise on Saint Mary Lake, including a short hike to a waterfall. Afterwards, visit the Two Medicine Lake area and take a short hike to Running Eagle Falls along with exploring the area. Return to Whitefish for the evening.
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge, Whitefish, MT | Meals: B, L
Today is the day you will travel the world famous Going to the Sun Road. The 52-mile drive (one-way) that crests the Continental Divide at Logan Pass is famous for its majestic snowcapped mountains, deep valleys and shimmering lakes. Your tour will employ classic “Red Jammer” buses that have been in use on this road since 1936. In the afternoon, explore Glacier National Park further in the Many Glacier area on the east side of the park. In the late afternoon you will return to your hotel in Whitefish for an evening free on your own.
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge, Whitefish, MT | Meals: B, L
After breakfast, return to Idaho and arrive at Silver Mountain Resort for a scenic gondola ride to the top of Silver Mountain, North America's longest gondola. Continue west to the Coeur d’Alene Nation and arrive at the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort for another overnight stay. After some free time to take advantage of the resort’s activities and amenities, join the group for a farewell dinner that includes a cultural experience with Tribal Members.
Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort, Worley, ID | Meals: B, L, D
This morning, transfer to the Spokane Airport by shuttle for your flights home. Travel time to the Spokane Airport is 1 hour.
- Items of a personal nature (alcohol, room service, etc.)
- Meals (other than listed in the itinerary)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour director
Arrival / Departure Info:
- Arrival Location: Spokane International Airport (GEG)
- Arrival Time: Any time by 4:00 PM on day 1 of the tour
- Departure Location: Spokane International Airport (GEG)
- Departure Time: Anytime on day 7
- Guests should be comfortable walking on uneven terrain for an average of 1 to 3 miles at a time.
- Elevation gain and loss averages between 50 to 300 ft over the course of the areas visited during this tour.
- Touring and overnight locations are above 6,000 to 8,000 ft above sea level
- Deboard and board van each time at a viewpoint – a portable step will be available
- Please let us know if you have any other physical/health limitations or requirements
- $3,899.00 Per Person Double Occupancy
- $4,299.00 Per Person Single Occupancy
- $3,649.00 Per Person Triple Occupancy
- $3,499.00 Per Person Quad Occupancy
2023 Departure Dates:
|July 8||July 15|
|July 22||July 29|
|August 5||August 12|
|August 19||August 26|