Oregon South Tour
Making a big loop through the western half of Oregon, this tour explores Oregon’s beautiful coastline and its rugged interior, including Crater Lake and other Cascade Mountain points of interest. You’ll experience a thrilling jetboat ride up the Rouge River, see an assortment of both coastal and mountain wildlife, pass through volcanic landscapes, and sample some great fresh food.
- Siletz Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- Sea Life Cruise in Newport
- Yaquina Head Lighthouse and Marine Gardens
- Numerous coastal overlooks
- Rouge River jetboat excursion
- Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park
- Jedediah Smith Redwood Grove
- Crater Lake National Park
- Newberry Volcano National Monument
- Columbia Gorge
- Services of a Southwest Adventure Tours tour director – a professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
- 6 nights hotel accommodations
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 2 dinners
- Any fees paid for during attractions
- Park entrance fees
- Airport transfers
- Gratuities for included meals and activities
- Applicable taxes and fees
- Day 1: Portland – Newport
- Day 2: Newport
- Day 3: Newport – Gold Beach
- Day 4: Gold Beach – Crescent City, CA
- Day 5: Crescent City – Redwoods – Shady Cove, OR
- Day 6: Shady Cove – Crater Lake – Bend
- Day 7: Newberry Volcano National Monument – Columbia Gorge – Portland
Our tour guide will meet guests at the airport Arrivals pick up area. From there, you will travel two hours through the Willamette Valley and onto the Pacific Ocean. You will pass through Lincoln City and Depoe Bay on our way to Newport. Enroute, you will explore the Silentz Bay National Wildlife Refuge and have the opportunity to see this unique ecological area and watch for wildlife and other things in and out of the water.
This evening, we will enjoy a fantastic farm to table experience at one of the local restaurants for our tour’s welcome dinner.
Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites, Newport, OR | Meals: D
Begin your morning exploring various viewpoints, especially the Yaquina Head Lighthouse and Marine Gardens. Just north of Newport. You will also get to enjoy a 2-hour Sea Life Cruise. This tour offers you the opportunity to experience the incredible scenery of the bay, river, and coastline along with seeing whales, harbor porpoises, seals, sea lions, pelicans, and an abundance of marine birds. You will learn about the largest fishing fleet on the Oregon Coast and other unique tidbits about the area.
Afterwards, you will get to experience the joy of eating fresh fish right off the boat. The restaurants here are fantastic and this will be a treat! Relax for the afternoon and enjoy the Pacific Ocean and town of Newport. Once finished, you will take part in a giant bonfire, along with smores on the beach.
Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites, Newport, OR | Meals: B, L, D
Today you will continue south along Oregon’s beautiful coast. For those that love to sightsee, this is a dramatic part of the coast. We invite you to sit back and relax as we continue south to the state parks, light houses, and picnic along the way. Some of the areas you will visit are Seal Rock, Cape Perpetual, Devil’s Churn, Thor’s Wells, Captain Cook Point, Neptune State Scenic Area/Viewpoint, Tokatee Klootchman State Natural Site, Cape Blanco, and many others. You will be in and out of the tour van a lot and take in some great short to moderate hikes down to a beach and along the shore!
This evening, we’ll overnight in Gold Beach, where you can spend your evening relaxing and watching the waves. Or enjoy a walk along the beach to the Rogue River or Turtle Rock Creek. Each room has its own balcony where you can sit back and enjoy the view!
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western, Gold Beach, OR | Meals: B, L
Be ready this morning for more fun on the water – but this time it’s the Rogue River. This thrilling 64-mile mail-run on a Hydro-jet Boat takes you through shallow riffles and beneath the sheer 400-foot walls of Copper Canyon. As you travel deeper into the federally designated Wild & Scenic River, make sure to have your camera ready to capture osprey, otter, deer and bear, as your professional guide shares the folklore, history, trees and wildflowers of the area. Your adventure includes a fantastic buffet lunch on an open deck overlooking the river or seated inside with views of the area.
The afternoon will find you winding your way down the last part of the Oregon Coast and into Crescent City, California for the night.
Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn, Crescent City, CA | Meals: B, L
This morning you will have the opportunity to explore Redwood Forests of the Pacific Northwest. These include Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park, and Jedediah Smith Redwood Grove, one of the best in the state. Once finished you will then leave the coastal area and head inland crossing back into Oregon. You will end the day in the quaint town of Shady Cove.
Edgewater Inn Shady Cove, OR | Meals: B, L
Today’s travels finds you making your way north along Hwy 97 to Crater Lake National Park. Crater Lake is widely known for its amazing depth, intense blue color, pure water, and spectacular views. The Visitor Center can offer great information about the history and formation of the lake. You will enjoy views of the lake as you hike up to Garfield Peak. After lunch at the Crater Lake Dining Room, you will continue around the lake on a tour of the Rim. This two-hour drive around the lake, offers awesome views with stops with plenty of opportunities for picture taking. Also, there will be a few great hikes up to The Watchman and to Mt Scott for more views of the lake and the surrounding areas.
Once you’ve said goodbye to Crater Lake, you’ll make your way to Bend. You’ll have some time to get acquainted with Central Oregon’s biggest city before settling in for the night.
Doubletree by Hilton, Bend, OR | Meals: B, L
After breakfast, you will head just south of town and have some adventure at the Newberry Volcano National Monument to see an active volcanic area. Some great hikes are available. Afterwards, you will head north to Portland. Along the way, you will travel through the Columbia River Gorge. Enjoy the breathtaking views and photo ops of this protected National Scenic Area. You will stop at Multnomah Falls, the second-tallest year-round waterfall in the nation. The water drops 620 feet from its origin on Larch Mountain. You will have a farewell lunch at Multnomah Falls Lodge overlooking the Columbia River. We will arrive at the Portland Airport in the late afternoon.
Meals: B, L
- Items of a personal nature (alcohol, room service, etc.)
- Meals (other than listed in the itinerary)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour director
Arrival / Departure Info:
- Arrival Location: Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Arrival Time: Any time prior to 3:00 PM PST on day 1 of tour
- Departure Location: Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Departure Time: Any time after 5:00 PM on day 7 of tour (airport drop-off by 3:00 PM)
- Guests should be comfortable walking on uneven terrain for an average of 1 to 3 miles at a time.
- Elevation gain and loss averages between 50 to 300 ft over the course of the areas visited during this tour.
- Deboard and board van each time at a viewpoint – a portable step will be available
- Please let us know if you have any other physical/health limitations or requirements
- $2,699.00 Per Person Double Occupancy
- $2,999.00 Per person Single Occupancy
- $2,549.00 Per person Triple Occupancy
- $2,429.00 Per person Quad Occupancy
2022 Departure Dates:
|May 15||June 19||July 17|
|August 21||September 18||October 16|
Southwest Adventure Tours is an authorized permittee of the following parks:
- Crater Lake National Park