Large Group Tours:
Oregon South Tour
8-Days From $2,850pp
Making a big loop through the western half of Oregon, this tour explores Oregon’s beautiful coastline and its rugged interior, including Crater Lake and other Cascade Mountain points of interest. You’ll experience a thrilling jetboat ride up the Rouge River, see an assortment of both coastal and mountain wildlife, pass through volcanic landscapes, and sample some great fresh food.
- Sea Life Cruise in Newport
- Yaquina Head Lighthouse and Marine Gardens
- Numerous coastal overlooks
- Rouge River hydro-boat excursion
- Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park
- Jedediah Smith Redwood Grove
- Crater Lake National Park
- Newberry Volcano National Monument
- Columbia Gorge
- Services of a Southwest Adventure Tours tour director (Day 1-Day7)
- Comfortable transportation on a full-size motorcoach (Day 1-Day7)
- 7 nights hotel accommodations
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 dinners
- Park entrance fees
- Sea-Life Cruise with Marine Discovery Tours
- Rogue River jetboat ride
- Gratuities for included meals
- Gratuities for included activities
- Baggage handling (one suitcase per person, where available)
- Day 1: Arrive Portland - Newport (?)
- Day 2: Newport – Sea Life Cruise (?)
- Day 3: Oregon Coast (?)
- Day 4: Rogue River – Crescent City (?)
- Day 5: Redwood Forest – Shady Cove (?)
- Day 6: Crater Lake - Bend (?)
- Day 7: Columbia River Gorge - Portland (?)
- Day 8: Journey Home (?)
Arrive in Portland, Oregon by 3 PM. Meet at the airport at that time and enjoy a 2 hour drive through the Willamette Valley to the Pacific Ocean and along the coast to beautiful Newport. You will enjoy an early welcome dinner this evening at one of the fantastic farm to table restaurants in the area.
Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites or similar, Newport, OR | Meals: D
Explore the area around Newport including Silentz Bay National Wildlife Refuge, Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Marine Gardens and more. You will also enjoy a 2-hour Sea Life Cruise with Marine Discovery Tours. This evening, you will get to experience the joy of eating fresh seafood right off the boat when you join the group for dinner at a local restaurant. The restaurants here are fantastic and this will be a treat! After a thrilling day, return to the hotel with the rest of the evening free on own.
Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites or similar, Newport, OR | Meals: B, L, D
Today you will travel south along the stunningly beautiful Oregon Coast. Some of the areas you will visit are Heceta Head Lighthouse, Sea Lion Caves, Devil’s Churn, Thor’s Wells, Captain Cook Point, Cape Blanco, and others. Later in the day, arrive in Gold Beach where you can spend your evening relaxing watching the waves or enjoy a walk along the beach to the Rogue River or Turtle Rock Creek. Dinner is on own this evening.
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western or similar, Gold Beach, OR | Meals: B, L
Be ready this morning for more fun on the water – but this time it’s the Rogue River. A thrilling 64-mile mail run on a Hydro-jet Boat takes you through shallow riffles, beneath the sheer 400-foot walls of Copper Canyon. Your adventure includes a fantastic buffet lunch on an open deck overlooking the river or seated inside with views of the area. The afternoon will find you winding your way down the last part of the Oregon Coast and into Crescent City, California for the night. Dinner is on own this evening.
Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn or similar, Crescent City, CA | Meals: B, L
This morning you will have the opportunity to explore Redwood Forests of the Pacific Northwest. These include Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park, and Jedediah Smith Redwood Grove, one of the best in the state. Once finished you will then leave the coastal area and head inland crossing back into Oregon and driving through Grants Pass on your way to Shady Grove. Check into your hotel located near the Rogue River with the evening free to relax and have dinner on your own.
Edgewater Inn or similar, Shady Cove, OR | Meals: B, L
Today’s travels find you exploring Crater Lake National Park. Crater Lake is widely known for its amazing depth, intense blue color, pure water, and spectacular views. You will enjoy views of the lake from various scenic points along with views of the surrounding area. Once you’ve said goodbye to Crater Lake, make your way to Bend, OR for the evening. Dinner is on own this evening.
Doubletree by Hilton or similar, Bend, OR | Meals: B, L
After breakfast, you will head just south of town and have some adventure at the Newberry Volcano National Monument to see an active volcanic area. Some great hikes are available. Afterwards, you will head north to the Columbia River Gorge. Enjoy the breathtaking views and photo ops of this protected National Scenic Area. Lunch will be included, then stop at Multnomah Falls, the second-tallest year-round waterfall in the nation. The water drops 620 feet from its origin on Larch Mountain. Later, arrive in the Portland area and check into your hotel near the airport. This evening, join the group for farewell dinner at a local restaurant. After dinner, transfer to your hotel and say goodbye to your local guide and driver.
Holiday Inn Express Portland Airport or similar, Portland, OR | Meals: B, L, D
Breakfast included at the hotel. Transfer on own by hotel shuttle to the Portland Airport for your departure flight home.
- Items of a personal nature (alcohol, room service, etc.)
- Meals (other than listed in the itinerary)
- Gratuities for the driver and the tour director
Arrival / Departure Info:
- Arrival Location: Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Arrival Time: Any time prior to 3:00 PM PST on day 1 of tour
- Departure Location: Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Departure Time: Any time on day 8 of tour
Southwest Adventure Tours is an authorized permittee of the following parks:
- Crater Lake National Park